How much does it cost to visit a dermatologist?
If you’re concerned about the cost of visiting your dermatologist, I would simply ask the billing department what the cost of what you are looking to achieve runs. Often times, if the desired option is cosmetic financing is available. Moreover, for medical and surgical issues at the Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Harold F Farber M.D. will do his best to work with you in the most efficient and economical manner possible. If you lack health insurance, the cost of your visit will vary according to several factors, which can be brought up and discussed prior to your visit or at the time of your visit if so desired.
Of course, any special tests, samples or procedures might dramatically increase the cost of your visit. This should be discussed.
Are dermatologists covered by health insurance?
If you need to see a dermatologist, you are probably wondering, “does my insurance cover office visits and/or surgery for dermatology?” This is more complicated than a simple yes or no. It is important to understand if your insurance has a deductible which you are required to meet for all of your medically necessary visits regarding your medical care. This, along with whether or not your desired procedure is considered medically necessary, can easily be discerned by contacting our billing staff.
Coverage by your insurance provider will depend on the condition you have, the treatment your doctor recommends, and whether your company defines them as “medically necessary.” Dr Harold F Farber, M.D. is a participating provider with the following providers:
Aetna (Excluding Aetna Better Health)
Aetna US Healthcare
AmeriHealth New Jersey
Bakery and Confectionery
Bankers Fidelity Life Ins
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Capital Blue Cross
Cigna Health Spring
Empire Blue Cross
Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
First Health Workers Comp
GE Life and Annuity Assurance Co
Globe Life and Accident Ins Co
Golden Rule Insurance Co
High mark Blue Shield
HMSR Christian Brothers Services
Horizon BCBS of New Jersey
Independence Administration B/C
Keystone Direct Point of Service
Keystone Health Plan East
Life Investors Ins Co of America
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Medicare Advantra Freedom
Mutual of Omaha
NALC Health Benefits
New Jersey Carpenters Fund
Oxford/ UHC/ Multiplan
Personal Choice 65
United Healthcare Community
United Teacher Associates Ins
USAA Life Ins Co
This is a dynamic list in today’s healthcare. The Center for Dermatology, Laser & Cosmetic Surgery tries to participate in most regional insurance plans. For additional insurances please call the office.
For procedures that are not covered, the Center for Dermatology, Laser & Cosmetic Surgery offers financing options. The Center For Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Surgery LLC offers Financing options through Care-credit.
Why would you go to a dermatologist?
A dermatologist is a doctor that specializes in treating skin, hair, nail, and mucous membrane disorders. There are currently around 8,500 qualified dermatologists in the United States.
The skin is the largest organ of the body. Multiple disorders of the skin can drastically affect the quality of your life. It can be very bothersome and disconcerting. Eczema can make life miserable. Nail disorders as well as multiple lesions on one’s face from acne can have a drastic effect. Dr. Harold Farber M.D. is familiar with the latest techniques as well as the physical and emotional impact that certain skin conditions have on one’s psyche as well as physical skin. Obtaining proper advice and treatment for any of these bothersome conditions of your skin hair or nails can make life much more comfortable and pleasurable.
Dr Harold F Farber, M.D. can also provide support for cosmetic issues, helping patients to revitalize the appearance of their skin, hair, and nails. Cosmetic issues include things such as wrinkles, scarring, stretch marks, cellulite, hair loss etc. If you have concerns with any of the previously mentioned issues give us a call and schedule an appointment.
6 Reasons to Schedule a Dermatologist Visit
- Dermatology medical concerns such as acne that has not responded to an over-the-counter medication or dry skin but has not responded to a moisturizer. A dark spot that won’t go away or is brand new should also be checked out. These are but a few dermatologic concerns that might bring you in to the Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Surgery.
- Skin cancer. A competent dermatologist can screen you for skin cancer by performing a complete examination of your entire skin. Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer and can easily be treated if found early. Preventative skin cancer screenings are offered at Center for Dermatology Laser and Cosmetic Surgery by Dr. Harold F Farber M.D. Certain individuals have higher risk factors such as excess of sun exposure, a family member with a history of skin cancer, certain other genetic factors such as fair skin, etc. The frequency with which an individual should be checked can vary depending upon these risk factors. A dermatologist can screen you for skin cancer and detect and treat this skin cancer very early, often times with a simple office procedure. If delayed, however, these types of skin cancers can be much more troublesome and even fatal in certain cases. Should you notice a change in the shape, size, or coloring of any of your moles, contact Dr. Harold Farber M.D. to have these spots checked to prevent the further development of a skin cancer. Additionally, Dr. Harold F Farber M.D. is a dermatologist experienced in treating the side effects caused by certain medications and certain other types of cancer treatments
- Eczema or psoriasis which are chronic skin conditions characterized by itchy scaly skin. These conditions can have a dramatic effect on one’s quality of life. In this day and age, it is important to see a dermatologist who is current and abreast of the new and latest treatments. At the Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic surgery, Dr. Harold F. Farber M.D. runs one of the only local dedicated psoriasis treatment centers that is also current with the latest medications recently approved for eczema. Eczema and psoriasis are both conditions of the young and old, and with proper treatment can be much more controlled – much more so than ever before. Dr. Harold F Farber M.D. offers multiple creams in addition to the latest oral treatments, injectables, lasers and a host of new options.
- Aging Skin and sun damage. Often times, through the process of life the skin ages. In certain individuals this aging process is more rapid than others. Fortunately, at the Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Surgery, Robert Penne M.D. can treat aging skin. Much of the sun and skin damage can be reversed. Often times, these reversal procedures are minimally or not at all invasive. There has never been an easier and more effective time to treat aging skin and skin damage
- Specialized care of skin, hair, and nails. An individual can be seen at the Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic surgery by Dr. Harold Farber M.D. for any concerns regarding his or her skin hair or nails. These concerns may very well be medical such as acne or an itchy rash or a viral infection, or they may be cosmetic such as an unwanted wrinkle, line or scar. You can talk to Dr. Harold F Farber, M.D. regarding any concerns you may have about almost any condition that affects your appearance. At the Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Surgery, work with Robert Penne M.D. and Farber, M.D., who has 30+ years experience within the field of dermatology. We also have a board-certified plastic surgeon to assist on certain types of procedures as well.
- Scar and unwanted spot treatment. Dr. Harold F Farber M.D. can offer a variety of skin treatments that can improve the look of many scars, unwanted lines, dark spots, etc. At the Center for Dermatology Laser and Cosmetic Surgery, Robert Penne M.D. offers the most current lasers and technology. Patients also benefit from the extensive experience of Dr. Harold Farber M.D. as well as a full complement of other specialties, including a board-certified plastic surgeon to offer you the full range of options for any of your cosmetic concerns.
What is the difference between medical and cosmetic dermatology?
The differences between the various types of dermatology are important. Dr. Harold Farber M.D. in order to try and help patients navigate through both medical and cosmetic dermatology has provided an explanation of medical, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology to avoid confusion. Dr. Harold F Farber M.D. offers medical surgical and cosmetic dermatology at center for dermatology Laser and cosmetic surgery.
Medical Dermatology deals with the diagnosing and management of diseases of the skin hair and nails as well as the lips and mucous membranes of the mouth. Additionally medical dermatology encompasses diagnosing certain types of skin cancer as well as treating and managing side effects from certain medications as well as numerous conditions of age, rash, infection, pain etc.
Dr Harold F Farber M.D.focuses on making you look, feel better, and become healthier. Imagine the trauma of waking up with 20+ bumps on your face or an itchy rash that leaves a trail of scale everywhere you go. Dr. Howard at Farber M.D. in his expertise as a medical dermatologist focuses on treating these medical types of dermatologic skin conditions.
Cosmetic dermatology also focuses on the skin, hair, nails, lips and mouth. However there is an important distinction. Medical dermatology primarily focuses on health issues. Cosmetic dermatology primarily focuses on aesthetic concerns. Both affect the quality of life however only medical dermatology is considered medically necessary by most insurance companies and therefore cosmetic dermatology is not a covered service payable by your insurance. Medical dermatology will help you treat your eczema or acne or wart problem, but cosmetic dermatology will help you treat your wrinkles, spots, and lines.
Cosmetic dermatology does involve diagnoses and prescriptions. Cosmetic dermatology however goes far beyond this. To be a good cosmetic dermatologist one must have certain innate skills but also the technological expertise and the equipment and materials necessary to accomplish excellent aesthetic results. Dr. Harold Farber M.D. is an exceptional cosmetic dermatologist that is able to combine his skills and utilize his medical expertise to positively positively affect his aesthetic outcomes. Dr. Harold Farber M.D. spent years training to hone in his cosmetic skills. As a medical dermatologist Dr. Farber hones in on your skin health. As a cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Farber emphasizes the overall beauty of your skin and features. Dr. Hal F Farber M.D. combines both his medical and cosmetic skills to achieve the most positive and aesthetically pleasing results still maintaining the overall health of your skin.
Surgical dermatology encompasses both medical dermatology and cosmetic dermatology, and often complements both. Surgical dermatology consists of the removal of an unwanted growth or lesion of your skin. It typically entails some type of anesthesia be a topical or local injection as well as the removal of the lesion with a type of sharp instrument. It is extremely important that the surgical dermatologist be well-versed in The multitude of different ways to remove a lesion. Dr. Elder Farber M.D. along with being extremely capable in this regard is very attentive to both the comfort management of a patient as well as the end result being positive for the overall health of your body and the overall beauty of yourself. Dr. Harold Farber M.D. is board certified and has the skills, technical experience and know how to achieve the very best in surgical outcomes. Additionally, part of being an excellent dermatologist is knowing when to ask for assistance. To this end at the center for dermatology laser and Cosmetic surgery Along with Dr. Harold F Farber M.D. there is another board certified dedicated plastic surgeon.
Dr. Harold Farber M.D. is well-versed in the skin as well as the surgical removal of unwanted and malignant skin lesions. With this experience Dr. Hal F Farber M.D. is often able to remove lesions with minimal or no pain and in the most efficient manner possible. Dermatological surgery has made leaps and bounds, and now many procedures are minimally invasive.
If you have any questions, please ask us at Center for dermatology Laser and Cosmetic surgery. Dr. Harold F Farber M.D. is uniquely qualified, and can assist you with any dermatologic problem that you may have. Most importantly please know that if Dr. Harold Farber M.D. is not completely certain of how to treat you he will seek the appropriate assistance or refer you in the proper direction. At the Center for dermatology and laser and cosmetic surgery our concern is a positive outcome and the best possible treatment for you wherever that may be. Come visit us, and we will do our very best to make sure that you leave completely satisfied with your skin. If you have surgical, medical, or cosmetic needs feel free to contact Dr. Harold and Farber, MD at center for dermatology Laser and Cosmetic Surgery.