Mole removal, cyst removal, wart removal, and skin tag removal can each improve the appearance of your skin by removing unsightly moles, cysts, warts or skin tags. Having a mole turn into a skin cancer can be life-threatening! Few things in Dermatology will kill you-a a mole turning bad into a Melanoma is a condition that if caught early is a complete cure done simply and easily in the office. If ignored or found too late a Melanoma can be fatal. These conditions may be troublesome for patients in a variety of ways. Moles, skin tags, or cysts can take away from your skin texture and complexion. Additionally, these growths can cause discomfort or pain over time. Certain moles that are irregular in appearance may need to be evaluated to determine if they are either cancerous or precancerous. Dr. Harold F. Farber, MD – Center for Dermatology, Laser, and Cosmetic Surgery provides mole removal, cyst removal, and skin tag removal to help address a variety of patient concerns.
Dr. Harold F. Farber, MD – Center for Dermatology, Laser, and Cosmetic Surgery provides
- Mole Removal- If your mole starts to change the size, color, shape etc… see Dr Harold F Farber, MD to have it checked right away. Malignant moles such as melanoma can be subtle, can occur in family genetics, and usually but not always is related to sun. Dr. Harold F. Farber, MD will perform a complete and thorough check which could not only keep you looking good but save your life!
- Cyst Removal– This is usually felt as a bump under your skin that feels like a ball. There are several types of cysts as well as other types of lesions that form under your skin. If left untreated a cyst can grow or rupture causing an odor and pain. Any growth that is changing whether it is a cyst or something else should be checked. Dr Harold F Farber, MD usually removes the cyst fast and painlessly via a unique procedure that leaves a minimal or no scar at all.
- Skin Tag Removal- Skin tags usually are benign growths. These lesions usually are harmless but can become painful and unsightly. There are several ways to remove skin tags. Dr. Harold F. Farber, MD will usually remove the skin tag painlessly with no downtime and no scar.
- Wart Removal– Warts can spread and are usually caused by a virus. Dr. Harold F Farber, MD specializes in the treatment of warts. He is familiar with the various techniques and is able to help stimulate your own immune system to help eradicate warts. It is important to treat warts as the viral infection in certain warts can lead to other problems that can be minimized or avoided if properly diagnosed and treated.
Acne Scar Removal
It is important to know what type of acne scars you have. This is crucial in finding the right treatment. First, figure out what category your acne scars fall under. There are different types of acne scars and various factors that influence proper treatment. Pitted acne scars occur when there has been a loss of tissue and the skin literally looks as though there is an indent in it. Sometimes it can appear as an icepick scar. Another type is post-inflammatory acne scars whereby the red spots or brown spots left on the skin after an active acne lesion does not completely disappear. The acne scar treatment options we offer at the Center for Dermatology, Laser, and Cosmetic Surgery cover all of the various types of acne scars. The treatment is individualized and includes laser treatments, chemical peels, fillers, PRP, micro-needing, dermabrasion, and various other techniques.
Learn More About Acne Scar Removal
- Acne Scar Removal- If you have acne scarring consult with Dr. Harold F Farber, MD. He is extremely sensitive to the physical, emotional and economic concerns that are caused by acne scarring. He is also up to date with the most advanced techniques to get you the best result possible.
Brown Spot Removal Treatment
Dr. Harold F. Farber, MD offers laser and light-based technology along with with other modalities for dark spot removal to even out your skin tone and remove the brown areas and spots. Dark spots are also known as sunspots or age spots, and usually, appear after you have spent time in the sun. They also can occur with age. Some people just have a genetic predisposition to form dark spots. Hormones such as estrogen in birth control pills also play a role in melanin deposition and a condition of pigmentation known as melasma. Center for Dermatology, Laser, and Cosmetic Surgery uses an advanced laser to erase your dark spots. Typically your dark spot removal session will last 10-15 minutes in total. It is for the most part painless and highly effective.
Schedule Your Brown Spot removal treatments
- Brown Spot Removal –What you think looks like a sunspot might not be a sunspot! Schedule an appointment with Dr. Harold F Farber MD to verify what type of spot it is. The treatments vary depending on the type of dark spot. All of the proper techniques and courses of action to get rid of the spot will be carefully explained at the time of your consultation whereupon appropriate treatment can be performed if so desired.
Skin Cancer Removal treatments
Skin cancer is the most prevalent form of cancer in the United States, with over 3.3 million Americans treated for non-melanoma skin cancer and an estimated 76,380 treated for invasive melanoma every year. Basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas (both non-melanoma cancers) account for most cases. Melanoma is the least common type of skin cancer but it is also the deadliest. Fortunately, when found and removed early skin cancer is nearly always curable. Routine screenings are the key. Patients who have a personal or family history of skin cancer should be screened by a dermatologist routinely and completely. During the exam, your entire skin will be thoroughly checked for signs of skin cancer, including the scalp, between toes, behind the ears and the soles of the feet. Patients should remove all nail polish prior to the screening, as cancers can develop in nails and nail beds. The length of the exam depends on the number of moles a patient has. It should take only about 10 minutes for a person who has never had any unusual moles.
- Skin Cancer Removal– Fortunately there are many treatment options that are highly effective in treating skin cancer. Dr. Harold F Farber, MD will help you choose your treatment based on the cancer size, depth, type and location. The patient can almost always receive treatment as an outpatient in our office.
- Skin Cancer Treatment-There is many treatments that are available for skin cancer eradication including Mohs Surgery, Excision Surgery, Curettage and Electrodesiccation, Cryosurgery, etc… Dr. Harold F Farber, MD can go over the best treatment option for you. He is skilled in the latest techniques and can sometimes even provide you with a topical or oral medication to treat your skin cancer thereby even avoiding surgery.
- Basal Cell Carcinoma- Is a common type of skin cancer that occurs most often in areas that are exposed to the sun. Using a sunscreen or protective clothing may help protect you from developing this type of skin cancer. Dr. Harold F Farber MD, will go over treatment options with you.
Dr. Harold F. Farber, MD helps patients with a multitude of skin condition removals.
- Actinic Keratosis- These are pre-cancerous skin lesions that often can be easily treated. The trick with this lesion is to prevent them from forming skin cancer.
Birthmark Removal- These are spots that can be made up of pigment cells, blood cells or even other types of cells. Dr. Harold F Farber, MD can go over the best course of action. Some of these lesions may go away on their own without any treatment. Others require early treatment and are important to diagnose.
- Ear Lobe Repair- This can often occur when an earlobe rips either partially or completely. It can occur when the earlobe is otherwise traumatized or if the earrings happen to be tugged or are simply too heavy. Dr. Harold F Farber, MD specializes in this specific repair which is done in the office.
- Eyelid Spots- Often time these can be easily and painlessly treated despite the location. It is important to properly diagnose the type of spot which dictates the proper course of action.
- Keloid Removal– These occur when your skin overreacts and tries to heal too much. There are many options to treat this condition and minimize the emotional and painful toll that keloids can cause. It also is important to help minimize keloid formation going forward in treating future conditions and undergoing possible surgery in the future.
- Lipoma Removal- These are growths underneath the skin that on occasion can be painful and confused with other types of skin lesions. Dr. Harold F Farber, MD is skilled in proper diagnosis and management.
- Milia- These are little tiny cysts that are extremely treatable. Dr. Harold F Farber, MD in Philadelphia has often properly treated patients with milia that were under or over treated elsewhere.
- Vascular Hemangioma Treatment- This is a type of red spot on the skin. Dr. Harold F Farber, MD is privy to the latest techniques in treating these excess blood vessels painlessly and with minimal or no downtime.
Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule a Mole / Cyst / Skin Tag Removal Consultation
Philadelphia Main Line, Office
Center for Dermatology, Laser, and Cosmetic Surgery
915 Montgomery Avenue
Narberth, PA 19072
North East Philadelphia Office
Center for Dermatology, Laser, and Cosmetic Surgery
9892 Bustleton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19115